Winter Hospitality Overflow (WHO) was established in 2003 to help bridge the gap between limited shelter space and the increased need for warm, safe overnight accommodations during Vancouver’s coldest months. The WHO is an interfaith and community-supported program entering its twenty-first year of service, and we are asking for your financial support to help us continue to provide this essential service.
Since 2020, our community partners have provided overnight staffing and case management for the WHO. Engagement Specialists from Outsiders Inn and Share help guests connect with resources such as job searching, other shelter programs, treatment centers, sober housing, and permanent housing. However, it has also resulted in a significant increase in our expenses.
That’s why we have set a fundraising goal of $50,000 for 2023/24. Your financial support will help us to:
- Continue to provide overnight staffing and case management.
- Cover the costs of incidental needs: food, clothing, and essential supplies.
- Maintain our facilities in safe and habitable condition.
Your gift, no matter the size, will make a difference in the lives of our guests. Every night, the WHO provides a warm bed, a hot meal, and a safe place for adults and children who would otherwise be houseless. We are grateful for your support in helping us to make our community a more compassionate and inclusive place for everyone.
The Council for the Homeless provides fiduciary oversight, financial management, and other administrative services to help support the WHO. Your online gift is automatically credited to the WHO, or mail a check to the Council for the Homeless, 2500 Main Street, Vancouver, WA 98660. Please put “WHO” in the memo line.
Thank you for your partnership with the WHO!
- Platinum Level $750+ provides 15 hours of case management to identify barriers & solutions
- Gold Level $500 provides 16 shelter nights for a family of 3
- Silver Level $250 provides 4 soap & shampoo dispensers for the showers
- Bronze Level $100 provides one month of coffee
- Friend Level $25 provides milk for 3 days